Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Yarn Patrol

I need to organize my extensive stash so that I know what I have and in what amount I have whatever it is in, not that I ever tire of purchasing yarn bite your tongue; I just want to move up the scale a bit not to yarn snobbery but in the vicinity there of. (Smile) I purchased some cashmere and it is so lovely, I just love sitting around petting it its so luxurious. I even have some Alpaca go figure, what it wants to be has not come to me yet I have so many ideas of what I would like to do but the thing now is to match the idea with the yarn; I will have to mull that one over!

I finally pulled out my camera and emptied the memory chip, now the battery is dead and I have to recharge it or find the plug if I want to use it. I am being undermined here and I really feel the need to expose myself for the yarn junkie that I am, once you see my stash which I am sure is not impressive but maybe for someone who is not walking around in a daze thinking of new places where she can find yarn; I am sure I will feel less guilty for having as much as I do once I have been exposed (deep sigh) what a relief just getting that out. (Laugh)

I am learning new techniques in knitting and how to use cable needles and how to knit a hat in the round using two colors so that one color appears on one side and the second on the other side; I am having a ball. I am constantly fighting with myself to finish the (10) projects that I have floating in the air before I start a new one or come across one I didn't mention which will probably be the case more times then I care to mention so pray for me.

Let's not even begin to talk about the books and magazine collection I have, we will save that discussion for later...

I am going to go work on the little girl bag now and I am seriously considering dyeing some yarn tomorrow and possibly arranging to take a class on dyeing yarn at Michael's, the instructor used Wilton's cake icing, can you imagine; we'll discuss this extensively later after I have taken the class. I have a 40% coupon for anything in A.C. Moore's arts and crafts store and I have been eyeing some highend yarn, and looking for a book ; I have decided on the yarn.

Talk to you about it later!!!!

2 comments:

Harlem Purl said...

Well hurry up and get some batteries! What cha waitin on? Your post just gave me an idea too. We need to have a yarn swap party. And if you don't want to swap anything we could make it into a yarn petting party where everyone has to bring in at least one skein/ball/hank of something absolutely devine.

yarnhippie said...

Ooh, yeah that sounds wonderful, I just mentioned swapping yarn to one of our fellow knitters and it went right by her, I guess she hasn't quite reached that point yet. Let me know the when and the where's so I can bring in some of my "I don't mind parting with stash"

Chow